Tuesday 8 March 2011

Hello there

Hi everyone out there. My name's Cassidy. I'm not new to blogging, this is one out of several blogs. I have one for poetry named It's Got Everything to do With Me, I have a book review blogged named Another Stupid Story by Cassidy, I have a group blog named The Fairy Poodle assosiation, and I have my first blog, The Saga of Another American Tweenager.

But this blog's kinda different from the others.

As everyone who read the title may know, I'm a Christian. I've been a Christian my whole life, practically. I go to church and youth group, read my devotionals and pray. I'm currently homeschooled, but that's a topic for another post.

My church has a youth group. The leader of the youth group is Pastor Mike, who is my only other follower right now. I started going because, well, because my other friends were going. I was going because I was bored and had nothing to do.

But I think that it helped me catch myself. I wasn't really all that strong with my faith. Church was a goof-off time for a little while, somewhere to hang out with friends. And I wasn't really committing myself fully to God, and making church a special place.

Now that I've realized what it is, youth and church and stuff, I think that it hit me like a sucker punch. I need to do more for God because he does so much for us. So I'm going to ACT now. I want to change the world for him. (More on that later) So, if you're reading this, I'm not going to drive you insane by being that maniac Christian who's going to FORCE you to go to him.

I'm not going to shove you in the house if you knock. I'll open the door, but I can't make you come in. So, come in. Stay awhile. I can take you to God, but I'm not going to force you to talk to him.

This is the life of a writing obsessed, totally imperfect, ex-goof-off queen who is now
God's Writer Girl.

1 comment: