Monday 9 May 2011

Moms

I hope everybody had a nice mother's day. I actually spent about fifteen minutes with MY mother because I was out with friends all day. Still, I did take time to wish my mom a happy mother's day, after I had showed up with friends.

On Saturday we went out hiking and out to sea food, as mom's special day. It was a lot of fun.

Today I was looking at this cheesy video me and my younger sister, Corrina, made for my mom's birthday. It's kinda funny, it's my mom (played by Corrina) and me (who played dad) in the front seat, and a baseball bat with a mitten on it (representing my five-year-old brother Casey) in the back with a soccer ball with an orange hoodie (that stood for ME.)

The video is about a car ride, Casey talking non-stop, my mp3 player music louder than the music (the most annoying we could think of) on the car radio. "Dad's" hand on the steering wheel is steering while throwing out the lame, dorky, and twenty-years-ago phrases that my dad actually does say. "Mom" is dealing with these situations and getting frustrated. It's very funny.

But my mom does more than ride in cars, check her e-mail, and nag at my little brothers. Sometimes we forget that SOMEBODY has to do the laundry, cook the meals, make sure our schoolwork gets done, drive us to rehearsal, dance class, and friend's houses, do the dishes, vacuum and sweep, and watch the boys.

Mothers day is a special time to celebrate moms. I "celebrated" by going to the mall with my friend Krista and her older sister Amber. I "celebrated" by getting my hair curled and hanging out with Krista and my cousin Felicia at a lady from church's house.

Just give your mom a hug sometime and say "thanks." Mother's day is not the only day we're allowed to be thankful to our mothers. And while my mother's day was spent hanging out at the mall, I still made mom a card and gave her a hug.

The second commandment: Honor your MOTHER and father...

No comments:

Post a Comment